Presentations & Public Speaking
We offer presentation skills training at beginner or advanced levels, to banish your nerves and make sure your message really gets across to the audience—be it a key client pitch or a large conference.
Whether you have to address a small group or an important industry conference, our presentation skills training and coaching is designed to help you work on structure, content and delivery.
Our courses include lots of practical exercises and video feedback, and are best suited to groups of up to six participants who need to deliver compelling speeches or presentations with more energy and enthusiasm.
Participants come prepared to give a short presentation on a subject that inspires them, before working towards a longer presentation at the end. Video recordings, which help to illustrate key learning points, are combined with constructive feedback and advice from the course leaders.
All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We send out pre-course questionnaires to help us customise the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
You will learn
• Plan and prepare systematically for all types of presentation
• Develop consistent key messages and effectively deliver them to the audience
• Get your message across with more professionalism
• Handle awkward, sometimes hostile, questions from the floor
• Communicate complex ideas in plain English, simply and effectively to the public
• Structuring the material for maximum impact
• Pitching the message at the right level
• Use of visual aids, eg PowerPoint: blessing or curse?
• Rapport with the audience
• Better delivery, body language and control of nerves
Crafting Your Story
Engaging your audience is key no matter what the content or the context of your presentation.
The human brain is hardwired for narrative and the most successful communicators have mastered the craft of story telling.
Presenting your company, organisation or vision in a story format is a exciting way of keeping your audience interested and ensuring that they remember you.
This module takes you through the process of creating your story from a strong, compelling opening through to a memorable and satisfactory ending.
Our experts are there with you throughout, providing you with a fun and creative atmosphere as well as techniques, examples and ideas to help you complete this journey.
You will learn
• How to tell a story
• To find the best vehicle and style with which to present your story
• To create a compelling opening
• How to hook your audience and keep them
• To develop an effective narrative
• To build tension
• How to conclude effectively
• How to create a backlog of stories
• How to use stories to illustrate important points
• The importance of practice and how to do it
• To create a personal connection
• Why content goes viral