Fundamental Course: Media Training & Interview Techniques
As frequently witnessed, organisations around the world often discover too late they need a media strategy. Many media blunders and errors could have been avoided with clearly defined protocols for an organisation's engagement with the media.
icommunicate will help you develop customised strategies and protocols to prepare for media 'events' and will assist executives in preparing and controlling interviews to confidently deliver the message you want the public to hear.
Successfully deal with any press attention and deliver all the right key messages with clarity, consistency and confidence. We have a wide range of media training courses at icommunicate, tailored to meet your specific communications needs. Whatever your experience and comfort level, however challenging your communication situation, deliver your key message persuasively and effectively.
You will learn
• The power of the soundbite
• How to generate news interest in your activities
• Key principles of dealing with the media
• How to identify and develop your own key messages
• How to prepare for broadcast interviews
• To deliver effective interviews for broadcast
• How to take control of crisis & success media interviews
• Tips on voice and delivery – for radio and visual presentation
Advanced Course: Crisis Management
Any organisation, whether by accident or design, could find itself in the media spotlight at any time. Therefore it’s essential that spokespeople are trained and ready to take control of the situation. Media interviews are not easy under the best of circumstances, and it takes a great deal of skill to get them right. That’s why media training is absolutely essential.
In addition to our comprehensive media training we can provide crisis media training courses. These will help you deal effectively with the media should disaster strike.
We work with you to create a relevant crisis scenario then base the training and interview practice around it. Our training offers a safe environment in which to practice with real journalists, to get feedback from the experts and lessons in how to do it right.
This training can be customized to your needs and is provided in addition to the Media Training course, which is a pre-requisite to this programme.
You will learn
• To prevent an ‘information vacuum’
• Media behaviour in a crisis
• How much you need to say
• Role of social media in a crisis
• To Monitor and respond to what’s being said
• To devise an appropriate media statement & follow up
• To handle aggressive and tough questioning